So I had a brief bout of downtime… about 3 hours or so, and only because I fell asleep. Woo. I have resolved the issue which was a small problem working with Route53’s web interface. Kinda annoying. It’s back up now and working perfectly. Plus, I have “White label” name servers now, one for each of my domains. Hopefully this end result will help in my job search, and the lesson I learned with Route53 will be invaluable in the future, too. There’s a reason I do this stuff on my personal domains first and high traffic sites later 😉
That was a beautiful plan, and I still may some day… but… It was started a long time ago, and now Python is beautiful. Like seriously, gorgeous.. and a prospective employer asked me if I was familiar with Python and Django… so I’m going to see if I can get the original core functionality working in Python, then migrate the content to *that* site instead. It’s still a bloody brilliant idea I’ve got to get flushed out here… But I hope, once it’s done… well, we’ll see.